As a writer you know that your content is good and with experience you have mastered the art of putting the words together. But remember only half of the battle is won. To establish yourself as a writer you need to have a vibrant audience. To win the audience it is important to build the “know, like and trust” factors.
Gaining “Street Cred”
High-quality content undoubtedly attracts the attention of the readers and helps in building your reputation and the quality of content ties in directly with the growth of your audience.Below are a few of the ways you can begin to gain an audience and its trust when you start putting out content.
1. Understand Your Readers: Before you start writing be clear on who you want to talk to. Talking to everybody is not a good idea because you’re very likely to see higher success rates if you answer questions people have instead of shoving pointless writing down their throats.
2. Position yourself as an authority: Which, in other words, means that you need to read, research and always stay on top of any developments and changes in your field. Don’t force yourself to write about healthcare if your niche is writing skills or even human resources.
3. Create content for your audience: Crowdsourcing works. But in this age of social media, join the communities people talk the most on and don’t be afraid to just listen. You’ll find a lot of questions that need to be answered that way.
To Get Likes Online
Having great content alone is not enough. It is very important to build relationships, which eventually begins to lead into engagement and content shares and branding for your company. And here’s a few ways you can make that happen:
1. Be real and authentic: To be liked it is very important to express with passion. Share your stories and get personal in your writing. But remember to not be fake and not to overwhelm your readers with updates that don’t really make sense.
2. Engage and interact the audience: It is a great idea to interact with the audience. Get into two-way conversation with them and do your best to keep the conversation going. Ask people to leave comments on your blog and questions and then reply them satisfactorily.
To Build Trust
Building trust with people is all about transparency and inviting people to come sit at your table. Sure, there are marketing tactics involved here, but let’s not forget that people like to be treated like people, not a demographic blob.
1. Offer unique freebies: Almost everybody offers freebies, if you want to stand out, make sure your freebies are also unique like your content. You must offer something unique.
2. Never break a promise: Credibility matters a lot! If you say you will post an article every day, post it without a fail or if you say you will send free e-books to those who subscribe to the blog, honor your commitment.
3. Include testimonials: There is nothing better than third party vouching for you. Include testimonials where people share their experiences in their own words. There is nothing better that will demonstrate how you deliver a satisfying experience.
By combining these elements to the quality content, your authority as an established author is sure to be established. But remember, this will take time so don’t give up in content writing.